I can offer you an affordable and comprehensive range of diet analysis packages, along with advice on how to improve your diet and address any issues. I know you live in the real world, and my advice is practical and tailored to your lifestyle and needs.
Just how good is your diet?
Can you honestly say you're confident of meeting your nutrient targets?
A personalised dietary analysis can tell you:
- Whether you're meeting your nutrient targets
- What foods to eat in order to make up the shortfall
- Whether you might need to take any supplements
Are you feeling below par?
Perhaps you're lacking in energy, or your skin and hair are lacklustre?
- Sub-optimal nutrition can be behind all of these
Do you want to reduce your risk of chronic diseases, such as Type 2 Diabetes, heart disease, cancer, osteoporosis or dementia, especially if they run in your family?
- Eating the right nutrients can reduce your risk
Or perhaps you have been diagnosed with a health condition, or been told you have high blood pressure or high cholesterol.
- A diet analysis can help determine whether you're eating the optimum diet for your condition, and provide pointers as to what changes you could make.
All you need to do is fill in a simple food diary, which I will provide, along with comprehensive instructions and tips.
Note: Dr Carina Norris is a registered nutritionist with an MSc (dist) in Public Health Nutrition and a PhD in nutrition, she is not a medical doctor. You should see your own GP if you have any medical concerns.
The basic package will
- Tell you your average daily intake of 41 nutrients (including calories, protein, total fat, saturated fat, poly- and mono-unsaturated fat, carbohydrate, starch, sugar, fibre, alcohol, plus an extensive range of vitamins, minerals and other micronutrients)
- Provide a table of the percentage of your calories that come from carbohydrates, fat and protein, along with the targets you should be aiming for
- Give you an extensive table of vitamins and minerals, and their best food sources
- The intermediate package will contain all of the features of the basic package, PLUS:
- A personally written (ie not generated by a computer programme) and personalized report, explaining the implications of your diet, plus suggestions of how you could improve it. Your overall diet, as well as a nutrient-by-nutrient rundown of the major nutrients, will all be addressed.
- A graph showing your intakes of the most important nutrients as a percentage of the official targets.
The advanced package will contain all of the features of the intermediate package, PLUS:
- Graphs showing which food groups the calories, fat, saturated fat, sugar and salt in your diet come from – telling you whether there are any 'danger foods' that may be tipping your diet into the unhealthy zone. For example, perhaps you didn't realise quite how much fat your biscuit and cake habit contributed to your diet...
- A list of the actual foods in YOUR diet that contributed most to your intake of calories, fat, saturated fat, sugar and salt. "You mean to say I got most of my sugar from cola and chocolate digestives?"
If you would like me to prepare a diet analysis or an eating plan for you, or to discuss this further, please send me an e-mail via the Contact Me button on this website.